Pin It
Favorite

Judge puts stop to Molski’s suits 

Last Thursday a federal judged accused wheelchair-bound Jarek Molski of running a “scheme of systematic extortion,� and issued an order that prevents the paraplegic from filling suits under the disabilities act without first getting permission from a judge.

Over the past year, the Woodland Hills resident has filed more than 50 lawsuits against local businesses, claiming they were out of compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, or ADA.

Since 2001, Molski has filed between 300 and 400 similar suits around the state.

When New Times spoke with Molski’s lawyer, San Francisco lawyer Thomas Frankovich, last week, he said that about 90 percent of the local suits are in “settlement mode.�

Frankovich was unavailable for comment for this story, but told the LA Times that the judge’s decision was a “miscarriage of justice� and that he would take the ruling to the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

—A.H.

Pin It
Favorite

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Search, Find, Enjoy

Submit an event

© 2017 New Times San Luis Obispo
Powered by Foundation