Pin It
Favorite

Former New Times building scorched 

An early-morning fire caused some damage to a portion of the former home of New Times on Oct. 6.

At about 7 a.m. Saturday morning, San Luis Obispo Fire Department officials responded and quickly contained the blaze at the two-story building at 505 Higuera St., which now only houses Cuesta Title Company and Apex Properties.

According to John Madden, a San Luis Obispo fire investigator, nobody was injured in the fire, but the building suffered an estimated $75,000 in damages.

Madden said the fire was caused by a common electrical shortage in a metal junction box.

New Times moved to new digs, 1010 Marsh St., in September.

Pin It
Favorite

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Search, Find, Enjoy

Submit an event

More by Kai Beech

Trending Now

© 2017 New Times San Luis Obispo
Powered by Foundation